Friday 30 May 2008

Final Destination?

First and foremost, I am in the Mother Country, England. Word of advice, believe everything that they tell you about London: it's grey, it's miserable and it's exorbitantly expensive. The Sterling Pound is ruthless against the hapless Australian Dollar which stirs enough hesitation to think twice about that Kripsy Kreme donut. This aside, I don't mind it here, I can't exactly call it home yet but I can eventually see myself calling it home, if only for a little while.


I no longer introduce myself as a 'visitor from Australia' but now as an 'unemployed-homeless guy from Australia'. Which brings me to my next point. I have been for the better half of 2 weeks now, couch surfing my way around London. With this time I have been actively scouring the job sites looking for employment and browsing the classifieds for a new home. Both have been fruitless exercises, which also explains the lack of posts. This is where the real "nudie" or "nakedness" commences, which, from a reader's point of view will probably be very dry. Would you really want to hear about the countless number of terrible house inspections and the disappointing ends to job interviews?

Actually the etymology of the blog name Nudie Run was inspired whilst packing for my overseas adventure. A rule of thumb for traveling is, pack only what you need and pack items that will complement the lifestyle/type of travel. Every trip needs a pair of denim, but denim that does not require regular washing was obviously designed by a journeyman (or woman) or just spawned from the depths of shear laziness. So I decided as a little bit of novelty to wear my pair of Nudie Jeans to each and every destination eventually washing them ONLY once I had arrived back in Sydney.

So comes the end to my pilgrimage, the holiday adventure stops here but the test of adversity begins now. Ugh, I can't believe I typed that, it's all too cliched and/or something that would be plastered across a promotional movie poster. Stay tuned for my next installment, whenever or whatever that may be...

No comments: