Saturday 10 May 2008

Brazilian Food

One of the highlights of my stay in Brazil was the food. I don't think there's been more times I've been bloated or had stomach cramps in such a short period of time (Perhaps Malaysia). I would officially like to add Brazilian food to one of my favourite ethnic cuisines. So without further ado here's the food that I managed to experience and photograph!

Firstly the dish which I consumed the most, Feijoada. This is considered to be the 'National dish of Brazil'. Feijoada is a bean broth which is generally served with meats, chopped up cabbage, powdered cassava, rice and orange pieces.


KFC with Feijoada:


Another common style of eating is the Kilo restaurant, which offers a wide selection of food through buffet. The end plate is weighed and charged per kilo, the average price per 100 grams is around 2.80 Reais (~$1.80 AUD).

1 kilo of food:Brazilian BBQ (Churrascaria):


All you can eat Pizza:

Grocery shopping:


Sweets and Desserts:

Tapioca, coconut and condensed milk:

Tapioca Pancakes: Churros:
Sweet Gooey stuff:
Wafers (I know these aren't Brazilian, but they tasted dam good):
Açaí:
Drinks:


No comments: