Wednesday 3 May 2023

Old job: Last day

The handling of my notice period has been fairly smooth (touch wood). I asked for a midweek, last day, giving myself 2 days back in the office with my boss after his Europe trip and the Hong Kong public holiday; he obliged. All things considered, this has worked out fairly well, worked two weeks in the office, and spent two weeks in Sydney, leaving me with 2 months. It would have been nice to have a continuous block, but I can't complain. Majority of the handover has been complete, I've checked out and have not actively been picking up work, but am still engaged with any incoming questions directed at me. 

The last couple of days have been nice, plenty of warm wishes and thank yous. I unexpectedly received touching email from the boss and a farewell card and whisky from the office. At 4:30 pm, I complete the rounds of farewells and leave to applause. I leave 28 Hennessy for the last time. 











No comments: