Wednesday 19 August 2020

Typhoon 9: Higos

First typhoon in the new apartment. The building is tucked behind an adjacent residential building on the mountain side. By tucked, I can basically look into the apartment building next to me, I'm pretty sure if there was a balcony I would probably be able to jump across to the other building if my life depended on it. 

The harbour side of my building is far more exposed. It definitely gets windy up here and there's added paranoia of being on the top floor of a building and responsibility of the rooftop. The gale force winds rattle the metal membrane above me, my eyes snap open wondering if something has blown off my roof.

Despite the category 9, Typhoon Higos thankfully did not directly hit Hong Kong. Usually there's a sense of elation with typhoons in that employees are not expected to work for the duration of the level 8 category and above. However, evey body is setup to be able to work from home. Sigh.


No comments: