Tuesday 21 April 2020

Yoga Teacher's Training

Signed up for my Yoga Teacher's Training back in January; 200 hours of yoga training. At the time, I had decided to start the course in April, as it was scheduled to be immediately after my Singapore, Sydney and US trips in April. Since then, those three trips have been canceled and it's the first time I've had no trips lined up. I do remember saying I wanted to spend more time in Hong Kong, so I definitely got that request. So here we are, end of April and the course is going ahead, all online, all on zoom.

I'm slightly concerned because since this whole pandemic broke out and yoga studios closed their doors back in March, I've done one yoga class online, there really isn't the same level of interest in yoga at home. Some suspect this has to do with the dearth of Lululemon clad women in my apartment compared to the yoga studios (by dearth, I mean none).

In any case, let's see how this all goes. To my surprised the class is very full, with over 30 plus students still enrolled for the virtual certification.



Makeshift yoga studio - Fingers crossed this isn't for the entire 200 hour journey.

Breakdown of course 200 hours at $25,000 HKD (~3,200 USD)
  • 25 classes x 3hr Theory/Practical = 75 hours
  • 40 classes x 1hr Yoga Studio Practice = 40 hours
  • 30 classes x 2hr Andiappan Yoga Practice = 60 hours
  • Assignment/Self Study = 20 hours
  • YTT Group practice class = 5 hours

No comments: