Wednesday 11 May 2011

What do you do when you're free?

The main differences between moving to London and moving to Hong Kong is that there's less expectations; both internally and externally. Externally there appears to be less concern from friends back home, not to say this is a bad thing. In fact the constant harp of "Have you found a job?" and "What have you been doing in your free time?" frequent my facebook and email account far less since making the move to Asia. It's not that they don't care, I suppose they know I've experienced it all before so it will ultimately work out in the end. Honestly, I prefer it that way.

Internally I feel less pressured to find a job, not to say that I'm not looking but if I were to look back at this period when I was in London. I remember entertaining the idea of working at a pub or KFC. This time 'round I know what to expect and am quietly confident. It doesn't hurt that I'm staying with two of my closest mates who have been nothing short of accommodating and encouraging.

With the job market slow I've become used to the unemployed routine. Unemployed routine? We know what you do in your spare time I hear you say? However, this routine is slightly different to the domesticated London Routine - I've made a conscious effort to make the most of Hong Kong away from the career. I mean, I might as well make the most of being overseas.

Yoga, at PURE Fitness


Studying, at the City Hall Library


Cantonese Lessons, at Wanchai



Eating, so much


Traveling, when I can ...

No comments: