Sunday 22 November 2020

A "Virtual" Graduation

It's been almost an entire year since my last exam. Without labouring the point, the year has been nothing short of pedestrian and despite completing all the coursework I don't feel like I've actually graduated. Thankfully, there have been no nightmares of turning up to an exam unprepared. There has been a slight sense of lost knowledge, with the desire to apply what I studied and learnt to the real world. That in itself forms part of the larger question about what my next steps are.

Regardless, there are essentially two outstanding components that remain which lends to the fact that my graduation feels incomplete. One, well we haven't had the official graduation ceremony and two, I still have not received my physical degree. So today, 22nd November 2020, is the Virtual Ceremony. Each student has been asked to upload a photograph of themselves which then had a gown and hat superimposed for the purposes of the virtual degree conferment. 


No comments: