Thursday 23 July 2020

My nice prison

Pros and cons of working from home. 

Pro, I get to sleep in. Pro, I have less distractions. Pro, I don't have to wear office attire, or any attire for that matter. Pro, there's no travel time. Pro, the risk of catching Covid and falling sick has reduced. Pro, I have better control of my time. Pro, I get to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pro, I can go for a run after work.

Con, ergonomically my workstation will most likely cause me long term posture problems. Con, working from home is noticeably more frustrating (ie: slower via the VPN). Con, the amount of movement through out the day has drastically dropped. Con, social, real life interaction has dropped. Con, I work longer hours. Con, unless I make an effort I don't leave the confines of my 450 square foot apartment. Con, my apartment kind of feels like a prison.


Currently reading: "A Man's Search for Meaning"

No comments: