Thursday 25 October 2018

London

Flight back from Jeju to Hong Kong, the switch of the suitcase and straight back to Hong Kong Airport. The red eye flight into Heathrow, the black cab through the centre of Oxford Street, the swift hotel check-in in Shoreditch and a brisk walk into the office. It's a cool 7 degrees, that's cold in my language. Everything feel so foreign, the Liverpool Street area has changed, but has the same feel. It's like a new car model, familiar but different. Everything from the Old Street kebab stores to the storefronts on Bishopsgate, same same, but different. Highlights include: Dirty Chinese food with Isa, morning run along the Thames, dinner at Gauchos, visiting the London office.

There is an overwhelming sense of nostalgia, I really wish I could have spent more time here. It almost feels like not having enough time at a school reunion. Productive work trip, plenty of networking, product strategy and plans for 2019 dominance. I forgot how much fun London can be. Would I move back? Could I move back?



Currently reading "The Dark Forrest"

No comments: