Sunday 21 October 2018

Korea

My first trip to Korea - Well technically, my second but who's counting the layover in Incheon in 2008. Me and Korea go way back. There was a period when I was fascinated with Korean culture. The line between fascinated and obsessed, was a fine line. My best friend in tenth grade was Korean, I dressed like a Korean (think baggy jeans, polo shirts, a baseball cap pulled down to the eyes), heck I even listened to K-Pop!

The Hong Kong Family are under the impression that when it comes to Korean Girls, I am nothing more than a deer in headlights. A dumbfounded doe paralysed in white light ready to be struck down by the vehicle. Women aside, the food was another thing that got me excited about the trip.

The reason for the journey to Korea was for a wedding. This would include a short stay in Busan, followed by the wedding in Jeju. The highlight was the groom's entry. Running down the aisle as "The Final Countdown" blared over the speaker. In comparison, the bride gracefully walked down the aisle to "The Blower's Daughter".






"Will things ever be the same?" - The Final Countdown

No comments: