Sunday 25 September 2011

Little Lion Man

Oddly enough, I still look forward to work each day, which means one of two things, either I'm enjoying work, or, I'm not really working. Both are questionable but I really hope it's the former, then again it has only been 7 weeks. Now, as each day passes, the tag of being the 'new guy' slowly disappears and I can no longer plead ignorance or use the excuse of unfamiliarity. I'm expected to know.

The work learning curve exponentially surges on and there has not been a day when I've not learnt something new. Despite becoming more attuned to the processes and the mounting responsibilities I still find juggling it all a major headache.

Previously, my old company was very liberal in getting things done, there was freedom and if something needed to be done, you as an individual could go out and make the changes. Now being apart of management, there's a lot more (I don't want to say it) bureaucracy and process control. I am slowly becoming more used to the procedure and learning to let go of the fact if there's something that needs to be done, I need to tell somebody to do it as opposed to getting my own hands dirty. Still, it feels strange when I look at my business card. That's me, that's what I do?

"Take all the courage you have left. Wasted on fixing all the problems you made in your head" - Mumford & Sons

No comments: