Tuesday 26 July 2011

Home Sweet Home (Part II)

Departing Taipei with less than 2 hours of sleep and a belly full of delicious Din Tai Fung generally indicates a successful trip. With the bulk of the crew heading back to Hong Kong I was lucky to have found myself a travel buddy to keep me company on my AirAsia flight to Malaysia. Despite being afforded luxury of not sitting next to a complete stranger the majority of the 4 hour flight was spent sleeping. We arrived in Kuala Lumpur just after 8:30 am and I was generously offered a lift from LCCT back into Central KL as well as a quick snack in Petaling Jaya. It feels good to be back in Malaysia!


First two nights were spent at Swiss Inn just off Petaling Street which was convenient but not so comfortable. The final nights were spent at Furama, Butik Bintang and a customary night spent on my friend's couch (I've become a professional couch surfer). My time was spent catching up with old London faces, relatives and of course, eating periodically at every waking hour. Hawker food around Bangsar, Petaling Street as well as delicious sit down meals at Green View and Loong Foong. Unfortunately during our Malaysian Road Trip I had missed out on kuih which meant I obsessively spent my days searching for it around KL.


I definitely have an affinity with Malaysia. I wonder if I could live and work here for a while? In any case, I've probably put on 5 kgs in the last few days and need to get out of here ASAP! I miss the caramelised pork from Seng Kee already ...

No comments: