Wednesday 19 June 2019

Moving scenes

Sunday, if you are to believe reports saw an even more united stance against the Hong Kong Government. Some sources report up to 2 million people marched on Sunday with the protest no longer about the extradition bill, but the youth of Hong Kong protesting about the future of the administrative region and the bleak future for those who call it home. Unfortunately it also saw the death of a 35 year old protestor who tragically fell to his death.

Incredible scenes here in Hong Kong. It's one of the first times I've felt moved living in Hong Kong. There's a sense of fragility and unity that makes me proud to be in this country. The most powerful scenes have come after Sunday. Peaceful protests, people helping out strangers with water, homage to Leung, cleaning up the mess. It's truly moving to see the resolve and consideration of the people who are putting up a fight. Also, the trending music on Spotify for Hong Kong proves to be an appropriate soundtrack.




"I won't be silenced You can't keep me quiet Won't tremble when you try it All I know is I won't go speechless" - Noami Scott

No comments: