Sunday 7 April 2019

The South Stand

The concern is that I have to really scratch my head. Will this be my 4th or 5th Rugby Sevens? Sevens are remembered by the effort of the costumes. There was Baywatch, then Karate Kid, then the Chinese Pigs. Last year was the Sunday in civilian clothing with colleagues. So technically, this year, the Yellow Vest Movement will be my fifth Sevens, my fourth in the South Stand. It also happens to be the first time I've seen a public holiday fall on the Friday (Tomb Sweeping Holiday).



One thing I've come to realise is what an amazing group of friends I surround myself with. Their zest and gusto for life, moments and experiences really never fails to amaze me. I could, sit and watch their approach to life and would be entertained forever. Hosting private Chinese Banquets, free corporate tickets to the games, breakfast parties at 6 am, flying into Hong Kong for a few days, battling sleep deprivation, warding off hangovers, engaging strangers in unique conversations, sheer persistence, complete abandon and endless mirth. There is yolo, and then there's the group of individuals that I call my friends.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? - Queen

No comments: