Monday 29 June 2015

Shoulder Soreness: Part 1

After 30 years of putting up with my antics it appears that my body has started to break down. It began 3 weeks ago, after a double session of BJJ and gym I went to bed with no noticeable afflictions. Unfortunately, I woke the following morning with an incredible soreness and the inability to raise my arm above the horizontal. Something is definitely not right.

So after a few weeks of resting, icing and compressing my shoulder health has not improved and I head to the physiotherapist for initial prognosis.

"Wow - Do you have a camera on your phone? I want to show you how imbalanced your shoulders are. Your right shoulder is a handful of centimetres lower than your left." - Physiotherapist




I have been prescribed a series of rotator cuff and rhomboid strengthening exercises. It still hurts to raise my arms above the horizontal. Something is definitely not right.

No comments: