Friday 12 April 2013

Re-employment

I've been offered a role! 'Congratulations' and 'Great work', all around - I reluctantly accept. The reluctance derives itself from the fact that me and my pal unemployment were becoming quite well acquantined. Sure, my bank account  and ego would disagree with me but I was genuinely getting used to the whole 'not working thing'. One thing that I will miss is that unemployment forces you to do absolutely nothing. In a city that barely has time to sleep, unemployment affords you the time to tune out and really thinking about the important things in life. Things such as "Why does my friend eat his Weetbix with peanut butter?" or "How do they make Char Siu?".

Turns out, Char Siu, like most things isn't that difficult to make. Bit of Pork Shoulder, some red bean curd, Hoi Sin sauce and the regular Cantonese condiments, marinade, roast and there you have it, BBQ Pork.




Ps. I don't think I'll ever cook that again, much easier to buy, especially when you live in Hong Kong. Where's that Peanut Butter gone?


No comments: