Tuesday 9 August 2011

Sponsored!

One way to validate a Hong Kong Visa. Exit and re-enter the country via Macau.

"Next!" I step up to the counter and carefully slide my navy blue passport book under the Perspex window. The silver emboss of the Australian Coat of Arms catches the fluorescent light in the hall. Taking the passport the immigration officer flips to the front page and stares at my photo. She looks up and scans my face. She flicks to my Employment Visa. Again, she looks up at me, this time comparing the photo to what stands before her. I flash a smile. She smiles. Stamp. Stamp. Stamp. My passport is returned and chime "Mh goi".

And that folks, will be the last time I'll line up in the "Other Passports" line when entering Hong Kong. I'm officially a Hong Kong Sponsored resident. First day of work tomorrow, can't wait!

No comments: