Monday 19 April 2010

Trashbaggery

That was the worst sleep in the world. I roll over, my back aches. I blink, my eyes dry, my vision clear (the consequences of sleeping with contacts). My head throbs and it takes me a few moments to gather my bearings. I'm not used to waking up to the artificial lighting of the fluorescent lights. It's only then, that I realise the looseness of my night. I had passed out on the stairs outside my apartment door. Peeling myself off the steps, I wonder how I managed to even sleep on the series of right angled steps.

Standing, I'm overwhelmed with vertigo, I'm still drunk. How long was I passed out for? Looking at my front door I see coins scattered on the floor. I must have been fishing through my pockets looking for my keys. Then in dejection, reluctantly passed out. There's vomit at the base of my feet. I check my pockets for my keys, they're not there. Further frisking reveals that my wallet and phone are no longer with me either. I plod down the flight of stairs, my phone and wallet lying on the landing, my keys another flight down. Lucky this all happened within the confinement of the secure apartment.


Started off at the Dutch Festival and then ended across the road at Zebrano. I want to die. But I can't help but laugh.

No comments: